welcome

(photo of my sister's backyard fence...all photos are thru my lens)

This is just a way to express my thoughts as I walk this path and journey through as a breast canSURVIVOR.

Make cancer mad, just piss it off by misspelling it..... like "canzer"

In remission ~ December 2012

Invasive Moderately Differentiated Ductal Carcinoma T1cN0M0 Stage 1

Estrogen receptor-positive cancer - Here is how it began



Sunday, July 25, 2021

Memories

 


It was a year ago this month the first time I had a mini-stroke. I had lost over 15 years of memory.  I had no idea who my husband was and I didn’t realize my children were grown and out of the house.  Complete amnesia.  The second time, I couldn’t remember the last few years.  At least that time, I knew my husband and he gently brought me back by helping me to remember.  The other black out moments I was alone, but I made my way back.  It was just as scary.  The neurologist is setting up more tests and working with my family doctor on a treatment plan.  Trying to get my blood pressure spikes under control.  Next time, I might not be so lucky. 

 

I have holes in my memory.  Like most of us, we forget why we walked into a room – “what did I come in here for anyway?”  This is a little more...like driving a familiar route and suddenly not remembering where you are.  At least for today, I remember my name!  But I don’t want to forget those memories that are so very precious to me.  I have to focus really hard to remember my sister’s voice.  It’s been 14 years now and I don’t want to forget. Ever.

 

Today would have been Dad’s 84th birthday.  I miss him so much it hurts.  Both of my parents. They both had TIA's.  Did it frighten them too? 


 


We lost our father October 19, 2017 from colon and pancreatic cancer.  Just a few short months after his 80th birthday. The last birthday we celebrated with Dad, we had strung up photos to showcase his life.  Photos help me remember.




Time is precious. Time matters. Will you want to remember the good and the bad?  There should be an urgency about time in our lives.

 

Psalm 90:2

Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.

 

 


What are you doing with your life?  Make it count.


My Kid Sister

Our Beloved Sister

Chemo Brain vs Something Else

The God of Hope


Happy Heavenly Birthday, Dad, I love you  ~


4 comments:

  1. I went back and re-read this blog today to refresh my memory...it is astounding how God has brought you back from such harrowing experiences. I know your recovery is not complete but you can see the progress. Praying that those memory holes will be filled up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! God has given me a great sense of peace. I am not afraid.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Love to read your comments!