welcome

(photo of my sister's backyard fence...all photos are thru my lens)

This is just a way to express my thoughts as I walk this path and journey through as a breast canSURVIVOR.

Make cancer mad, just piss it off by misspelling it..... like "canzer"

In remission ~ December 2012

Invasive Moderately Differentiated Ductal Carcinoma T1cN0M0 Stage 1

Estrogen receptor-positive cancer - Here is how it began



Saturday, January 7, 2012

Reasons to Smile

The outpouring of love given to me and my husband has been overwhelming.  Offers of taking me to appointments, sitting with me during chemo treatments, making dinners, flowers ... I am grateful, thankful, encouraged, hopeful, emotional, you get the drift.

Tonight, my sister provided dinner of homemade cheesy potatoes and honey baked ham. DELICIOUS!

Plus, my nephew brought over my first and very own laptop! I can't even believe it! Thanks to my momma and Tom, I will have something to do during the long hours of chemo.  Happy, happy, joy, joy!

My 48 hours were up today to remove the bandages from the port.  It feels better today and the bruising is going away.  The stitches will be removed Thursday.

Plus, I was able to take a shower since the procedure (couldn't get it wet). I'm clean!!!

Which reminds me, when I went for my follow-up with the surgeon, she gave me permission to shave.  That was last Monday, but forgot to let you know.  hahahaha, no french braiding here!

Thank you for riding this roller coaster with me.  It's nice to know I'm not alone :)

2 comments:

  1. GO MOM!!!!! Better keep me informed even though I start school and work this week. Never too busy to lend a ear to listen or shoulder to cry on. Love and miss you already :) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yowsers! That's quite a bruiser you've got there. Seems like you're a fast healer though. That might have something to do with all the love coming your way.

    Peace,

    JM

    ReplyDelete

Love to read your comments!