welcome

(photo of my sister's backyard fence...all photos are thru my lens)

This is just a way to express my thoughts as I walk this path and journey through as a breast canSURVIVOR.

Make cancer mad, just piss it off by misspelling it..... like "canzer"

In remission ~ December 2012

Invasive Moderately Differentiated Ductal Carcinoma T1cN0M0 Stage 1

Estrogen receptor-positive cancer - Here is how it began



Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Chemo Starts Next Week

Chemo starts Thursday, January 12 @ 8:30am.  The HER2 test was positive. As with this whole canzer-thingy, everything is happening very fast.  I do like Dr. Esther.  She’s a hugger too. 


Prep first:

Jan 5 – Chemo “class” a 1 hour orientation

·         Provide an overview of chemotherapy

·         Review side effects and how to manage them at home

·         Introduce you to our multidisciplinary team


The welcome packet provided has the same forms that I’ve filled out twice before at other “team”  offices.  *sigh*


Jan 5 – Power Port Placement,  not to be confused with PowerPoint

After “class”, this will be next on our agenda.  We should be able to have a bite to eat between these two schedules.  I knew my tiny veins would be an issue, hence the port.


Jan 10 – Echo

Important to know the health of my heart due to one of the medicines in my cocktail.


Jan 12 – 1st Chemo treatment @ 8:30am

Prayers are welcome at this date & time

Cocktail: Taxatere, Carboplatin, Herceptin


Side effects: loss of hair by 3rd week, fatigue, lower blood count (risk of infection, anemia), nausea, vomiting, neuropathy, mouth sores, nail changes, constipation, diarrhea

How am I doing?

·         Processing

·         Information overload – received tons more today

·         Accepting the fact that I’m gonna look funny bald

·         Decided that the hat & scarves are more my thing than wigs

·         Pain level from 0-10 …. Right now a 5

·         Feel brave?  Somewhat

·         Tad scared? Somewhat

At the Gorge
As my cousin said, the sooner I get started, the sooner I’ll get done.


That’s the plan ~


I know this post is kinda cryptic tonight.  Witty words are really not coming to mind.  But, believe it or not, I am okay.  I don’t really want to sit around and be a cry-baby.  Did once at Doc Esther’s office.  She gave me permission to be “a wimp” and not feel as if I have to be so strong all the time. 

So for now, I’ll keep Living in the Moment. 

2 comments:

  1. I think NOW is a perfect time to pick out that tattoo for your head. Then when the hair grows back, no one will ever know you even got one. Talk about "temporary tattoos!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update. It helps us to know how to pray more specifically. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Love to read your comments!