welcome

(photo of my sister's backyard fence...all photos are thru my lens)

This is just a way to express my thoughts as I walk this path and journey through as a breast canSURVIVOR.

Make cancer mad, just piss it off by misspelling it..... like "canzer"

In remission ~ December 2012

Invasive Moderately Differentiated Ductal Carcinoma T1cN0M0 Stage 1

Estrogen receptor-positive cancer - Here is how it began



Thursday, February 16, 2012

Test Results for #2 Session

Today was my follow-up appointment with my oncologist.  Doc Esther came back from vacation and was running about an hour behind schedule.  Don't you just hate it when you have to wait at doctor appointments?  But, I try to relax and not get overly anxious. 

My INR for my coumidine is 1.7 (needs to be between 2-3).  So, she wants me to go up 1/2 a pill (1-1/2 pill per day).

My white blood cells are low.  So, I will need to get a shot of Neulasta 24 hours after my chemo (Friday).  I'm not liking the side effect list .... man, oh man.  Hoping insurance pays a good chunk of it.

My blood pressure was good :)

I asked her to write a 90 day script for my nausea medicine.  She had only been writing them for 15 pills at a time and it cost $38.50.  I explained our discount plan that it would be $15 for 90 day supply.  I dropped off the script on the way to work only to discover that it had been written for 30 days for $232 dollars.  Oh boy.... it took lots of phone calls to get that all squared away.  Mission accomplished.

Tired ....

It's been nice having Jasmine spend the night yesterday and today.  She made chilie for dinner and has been helping around the house.  I'm glad she has been able to lend a helping hand!

Good night ~
South Carolina

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving all of these pics from your trip to South Carolina! I think you secretly want to live here...

    Glad Jasmine has been over to help around the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beautiful greens and blues of the Carolinas will forever be in my mind's eye. The grayness of Ohio is getting very, very old. Some day, we hope to make a change. If I had my way, I would live in a great big RV and travel across the country, seeing absolutely EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete

Love to read your comments!