welcome

(photo of my sister's backyard fence...all photos are thru my lens)

This is just a way to express my thoughts as I walk this path and journey through as a breast canSURVIVOR.

Make cancer mad, just piss it off by misspelling it..... like "canzer"

In remission ~ December 2012

Invasive Moderately Differentiated Ductal Carcinoma T1cN0M0 Stage 1

Estrogen receptor-positive cancer - Here is how it began



Thursday, December 14, 2017

Anniversary #5 - Who's Counting?

I guess I'm counting, or at least trying.  I'm a little unclear on how you come up with "The 5 Year Anniversary".  That's the so-called time frame when the stats are a little more favorable. 


        December 9, 2011 - Diagnosed

             December 14, 2012 - Last chemo treatment

                    December 20, 2012 - Port removed


Do I feel out of the woods?  

Nope, just on the edge of the clearing


On a sad note, we lost our father October 19, 2017 from colon and pancreatic cancer.  It took him quickly, although we "know" he probably had it long before he was diagnosed.    

My sister and I took him to our oncologist.  As we left, I noticed the photo that I gave Doc Esther a few years ago hanging in one of the rooms. [I really thought it was hidden in a back closet]

The lilies are from dad's front yard. 
It's been surreal the past few months. 

I just keep plugging away. One day at a time and try to just live in the moment.  The years just seem to pass by so fast!  Do you ever just want to do a "do-over" ?!  ugh....

I'm not sure what I'll do with this blog.  I started it to just help me wrap my head around the diagnosis and to share with friends/family in a place other than facebook.  Then it quickly became a place for me to remember dates during my year of treatment.  I also wanted to help anyone who found my post or mention of resources.  (although I'm sure there are mountains of better information).  In the end, I find that writing helps me deal tremendously with life . .  since I was 9 years old and kept a diary.



Perhaps this is my last post.  At least for now.  Perhaps I'll keep this blog floating in the clouds for awhile.  Be well, Be safe, Be happy

Blessings to you, my friend ~

1 comment:

  1. I have being on blog Sites for a while now and today I felt like I should share my story because I was a victim too. I had HIV for 6 years and i never thought I would ever get a cure I had and this made it impossible for me to get married to the man I was supposed to get married to even after 2 years of relationship he broke up with me when he finds out I was HIV positive. So I got to know about Dr. Aire on Blog Site who treated someone and the person shared a story of how she got a cured and let her contact details, I contacted Dr. Aire and he actually confirmed it and I decided to give a try too and use his herbal medicine that was how my burden ended completely. My son will be 2 soon and I am grateful to God and thankful to his medicine too.Dr Aire Can As Well Cure The Following Disease… Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid, Get Your Ex Back, If you have (A just reach him on drairehome@gmail.com Or Whatsapp Number.+2347036740271)He can also advise you on how to handle some marital's issues. He's a good man.

    ReplyDelete

Love to read your comments!