welcome

(photo of my sister's backyard fence...all photos are thru my lens)

This is just a way to express my thoughts as I walk this path and journey through as a breast canSURVIVOR.

Make cancer mad, just piss it off by misspelling it..... like "canzer"

In remission ~ December 2012

Invasive Moderately Differentiated Ductal Carcinoma T1cN0M0 Stage 1

Estrogen receptor-positive cancer - Here is how it began



Friday, March 9, 2012

Celebrating Rickie's Life

The calling hours for Rickie were held on March 7.  The photos gave folks an idea of the importance of family, fun and laughter that we all cherished.  His 2 sons and niece wrote about him and we had copies available.  Many stories were shared as well.  Folks from his youth were there, as well as those who just met him on the job. 

Some say that funerals are for the living.  I can see why.

It has been a few days since getting on the computer.  Now that final arrangements are done, grief has begun.  I'm doing my best as my husband takes the steps in the grieving process.  Wish I was physically stronger to care for him.

The flowers are still on the kitchen table.  It is my plan to press and preserve some of the flowers along with the ribbons with the words "father", "grandfather", etc.  I need to pull all the photos off the poster board. Planning to give them to family.

Next on the agenda is taking care of all his financial and personal items.  Probate, etc.

I truly believe that people need to get their affairs in order.  Not just wills, but power of attorney, and every other document that will help families.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to read your comments!